You've Seen Pallet Crate Storage....but Have You Seen Them Float??

$100

Using pallet crates and some full extension drawer slides you can make the ultimate space saving Floating Pull-Out Storage Crate system. You won't believe the simple trick to installing the drawer slides perfectly. Visit http://fixthisbuildthat.com/diy-pallet-crate-closet-storage-plans/ for full install details or watch the YouTube video below.

Watch the full YouTube video for step by step instructions. And please subscribe the my YouTube channel for more great videos!

Start with standard large pallet crates. These are Crates and Pallet crates from Home Depot.

Add 1x4 furring strips to the sides to give the crate some more structure and some wood for the drawer slides to bite into.

Paint the crates to your choosing. I used a blue semi-gloss spray paint from Rust-o-leum for my finish. You really don't need to paint the backs or the sides that will be facing the walls if you are trying to save on spray paint.

Mount the drawer slides to the wall using one easy trick. Go to the post link below to see the super simple way to do this and keep everything straight and lined up.

Install the crates, label them and fill them will all your goodies! If you want other great home projects go to my projects page at http://fixthisbuildthat.com/category/projects/

• Wood crate  (Home Depot)
  • Spray paint  (Home Depot)

30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
FixThisBuildThat

• Patricia McEwen Capello

Can you please post a link to this project? The link supplied does not show the drawer slides.

• Barbrie

I love the look of these. I would just hate to lose half my closet rod to add them. I’m guessing you needed more space for folded things than hanging ones??

• Kathleen Brown Davis

I love your idea. Great way to stack and use crates. I’ve actually been noodling the idea of doing draws under a work bench. It’s great to know where I can get the crates.

• Barney

How hard is it to access the slide release once installed?

• Larry Hooper

Great video. EXCELLENT directions and explanations. Thanks for the information.

• Paula Bailey

I actually love this idea. I hate the cheap look of plastic containers in my closets and the inconvenience of stacking and unstacking and stand alone crates also have the same inconvenience If you can get them to stack properly in the first place.