Debbie
Debbie
  • Kissimmee, FL
Asked on Jan 16, 2012

how do i get rid of popcorn ceilings

Margaret SDan's of Central Florida, Inc.
+3

• Debbie, check out this topic on this very thing: http://www.hometalk.com/activity/32621

• Margaret S

We were remodeling in the bathroom and I asked about having the popcorn ceiling in the family room removed and pot lights put in. The electrician said the rafters were going the wrong way so I couldn't have pot lights. Can anyone explain this more? Thanks

• Margaret, depending on the direction thatthey are running in, and the exact spot ans way you want the lights installed or to run in a line, the rafters might be in that same spot. You can not move those rafters.

• Margaret S

I wasn't that specific. I just wanted pot lights instead of the center ceiling light that I have now. So pot lights can be put in any ceiling as long as the owner is willing to be flexible about placement ? Thanks for responding.

• Yes Margaret, as long as there is no ceiling support behind there you can stick them where you want. The light can support brackets do attach to the rafters, so that may limit your placement/direction as well.

• Margaret S

Thanks!