Cheryl
Cheryl
  • Davisburg, MI
Asked on Apr 7, 2013

How to get rid of roaches, son lives in Hawaii. They hide in dark places and come out at night.

Michaela StrausbergSusanGail Salminen
+1

• LandlightS

Boarx is the best and cheapest. I use it for ants also. You can find it at the big box stores or your local Ace hardware. Here is a link for the simple formula, and how it works. http://frugalliving.about.com/od/doityourself/qt/Roach_Killer.htm

• Gail Salminen

@Cheryl roaches are quite the pest and almost impossible in very warm climates - in Florida and Mexico it is not unusual to find one or two in the room or patio at some time. One thing that may help is to add some roach killer in areas they may hide - like in the cracks round plumbing entry points then foaming around them so they can't get back into the house. You may want to google controling roaches in Hawaii for more tips.

• Susan

I Have a home made recipe that was given to me in FL when I first moved here and it works wonders Roach bait recipe This will take care of it 1 lb boric powder 1 cup flour ½ cup sugar 1/2cup Crisco Mix above ingredients in a large bowl. Add enough water tomake a consistency of piecrust. Roll into small balls the size of mothballs.Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and place on there until dry. Place balls inthe corner where the problem exists. Do not put directly on carpeting or tile,place in bottle caps etc. Store remaining in airtight bag or jars. Keeps foryears.

• Michaela Strausberg

I have also had perfect with borick acid powder,mixed with cocoa powder,and enough marshmellow cream to make little balls, use three or more depending on roches place in jar lids, in back of dark damp places,keep kids and pets away..sorry for bad spelling...truly works I haven't seen a roach in my home or in rental property for 40 yrs.