Mason Bee Houses For your Yard or Deck

3.5K Views
We did this fun project last Fall, to attract and provide homes for our Native Mason Bees. It is a simple project. I am posting a video with instructions. We each put our own custom touches on the ones we made, with non-toxic paint, you can do this or leave them the natural wood. I encourage everyone to help save and protect our wonderful little pollinators, they work hard for us, to bring us our amazing bounty of food.
What you will need: 4x4 non-treated post, drill with 3/4 inch bit, shingle or other piece of wood for roof, be sure to add a little overhang for protection. Non-toxic paint, if you choose to paint the homes.
  • Instructional Video Have fun !

Suggested materials for this project:

Hollphi@originsoregon

Ask a Question
      • CAROL
        CAROL Benton, KY

What areas should be putting these up- I live in Kentucky- should I add one to my yard???

• Hollphi@originsoregon
          Hollphi@originsoregon Lake Oswego, OR

Yes, by all means add this to your yard, there are several varieties of these little bee friends, just be sure to place the home at least three feet from the ground and facing east. Good luck ~ Holly