Sharing Our Recent Basement Theater Remodel.

This room used to have floor to ceiling mirrors lining two walls, so instead of removing the mirrors (dangerous) my husband studded over them and sheetrock was added. The ceiling trim is my favorite- DH installed special lighting on a dimmer switch for ambient lighting on the ceiling during movie nights.
sharing our recent basement theater remodel this room used to have floor to ceiling, basement ideas, entertainment rec rooms, home improvement, Basement room before pic with mirrors these all got sheetrocked over instead of removing
Basement room "before" pic with mirrors- these all got sheetrocked over instead of removing.
Basement remodel ceiling with rope lighting on dimmers
sharing our recent basement theater remodel this room used to have floor to ceiling, basement ideas, entertainment rec rooms, home improvement, Surround sound and closer view of trim
Surround sound and closer view of trim around the perimeter of the ceiling. This VERY cool feature was easy to create with a little trim and some paint and an unexpected lighting element you can buy for just a few dollars! Can you guess what we used to light up this room?
Find out here, along with LOTS more AFTER photos here at my blog:
Beth at Unskinny Boppy

• KMS Woodworks

my guess is that was some type of exercise room...before...sometimes those fitness nuts can be pretty vain...and love looking at themselves...LOL

• Beth at Unskinny Boppy

@SheilaG- too funny! Good to see you over here! :) @KMS- Yes, the original owners built it as a workout room. We are more couch potatoes so we turned it into a theater/ game room! HA! @Samantha- The paint color is SW7604 Smoky Blue from the Concepts in Color Collection. Satin finish Super Paint. Trim paint color is SW Moderate White. @Lee Ann the ceiling is painted the same color as the walls. I used a satin finish so it's reflecting some light inside that dark cave of a room. To everyone else- thanks so much! We are really enjoying having this space to get away. I'll share the arcade part of the basement in another thread.