Mary Insana
Mary Insana
  • Pittsburgh, PA

Cabinet door up-cycled with chalk paint and a few other goodies.

I had found 10 cabinet doors on Craigs List and snatched them up, not knowing what I was going to do with them.
I cut a piece of wood the length of the door and cut two little support brackets and screwed them on.
With a little green paint leftover from another project so I mixed up some DIY chalk paint.
I gave the door 2 coats of the chalk paint distressed it a little and then stenciled in the center of the door. I added 3 knobs at the top as either decoration or to hang something on .It's hard to see in picture #3 but I also added 2 coats hooks along the sides. After taking this picture I added 4 large white cup hooks along the bottom. This now hangs right inside right before you go into the garage. We hang our keys on there, lay our sunglasses on the shelf and I hang bags with store returns so I don't forget them as I walk out the door.
I'm now making my niece one that will be two doors on opposite walls meeting in a corner with shelves.
cabinet door up cycled with chalk paint and a few other goodies, repurposing upcycling
I added cup hooks along the underside of the shelf after this picture was taken

• Mary Insana

Debbie , it's still hanging in my entry way from the garage. We hang out car keys on the hooks when we come in so we can least find them. Except the teenagers they tend to walk right past and then can't find their keys next time they want to go out lol

• Debbie

Isn't that just like a teenager Mary. I have a 17 year old who is the same. Lol :)