Pieces of Time East
Pieces of Time East
  • Newberry, SC

1930's Dresser Repurposed Into a Bench!

When I picked this dresser the two top drawers were beyond saving! The bottom drawer was still functional and the height was perfect for what I thought could be a perfect bench with a storage drawer......
1930 s dresser repurposed into a bench, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
This is what she looked like when I got her off the trailer. I removed her top, then dropped the wood from under where the top drawer was down to above the remaining bottom drawer (it was a perfect fit and required no extra wood or cuts!)
I added trim around the top to create a "rail", filled the nail holes and she was ready for her makeover.....
I painted it in Kristi Kuehl Pure Home Paints Derby and Bisque, lightly distressed and Matte Protective Finish. She lasted less than a week!

To see more: https://www.piecesoftime.biz/

• Rosalie

did you have to remove any varnish before painting?

• Jan shea

What did you mean, "she lasted less than a week."?

• Christy

I really like this, so I know this is a dumb question, but what is it?

• Anne jocelyn C

@Christy a bench with a drawer beneath the "sitting" bencchtop. Hope not confusing you.... :)