Asked on Jan 11, 2016

I have a lot of dollies and don't know what to do with them

SherSylviaCindi
+21

I just put dollies under my lamps and other places but I'm looking for something different.
    Janet Pizaro

This looked interesting.www.tipjunkie.com/post/darling-doily-repurposing-how-to

• Linda Sharp
    Linda Sharp

I have seen where some people sew them together to make a table runner. The more different types and shades of white the better.

• Cathy
    Cathy

I have some that were made by my grandmother and I plan on getting a shadow box and framing them.

• Debbi Morrow-Carlson
    Debbi Morrow-Carlson

You can make bowls using fabric stiffener, collars and cuffs for a sweater, frame them, a globe light - again with the stiffener; use a glue and water mix to cover glass jars or clear glass Christmas ornaments. Make doll clothes. Cover a journal type book and make a special diary. If you have enough you can make a quilt with them, or pillows if you only have a few. Trim the bottom of some great towels for the bathroom.

• Tracy Hudson
    Tracy Hudson

Put them in embroidery hoops and display them on your walls. You can dress up the hoops with ribbon if you want to add a pop of color.

• Cindy S.
    Cindy S.

I have used them for curtains and valances. They look awesome. Use the curtain rings that have the little clip to hold the doilies and either do a stitch to connect them or a small dot of hot glue. I did this in my kitchen window and it's so light and airy looking and goes perfectly with my pallet faced cabinets and farm table.

• Cindy
    Cindy

I've also been seeing (recently) jackets, tops, and dresses that are using old doilies and lace to change the entire look. They are beautiful!

• Michelle Manning Thompson
    Michelle Manning Thompson

You could put them all together to make a curtain for a small window that would be eye catching

• Kana Nelson Laymon
    Kana Nelson Laymon

They are great accents for clothing like denim skirts, shorts and jackets. You can also sew them together to create shirts

• Diane Nuckolls
    Diane Nuckolls

frame them and hang on the wall. sew together and make table runners, curtains or lace fabric to put on denim.

• Cheryl Morgan
    Cheryl Morgan

Mine are in good condition

• Sandra Allen
    Sandra Allen

Spot tie or crochet them together and make a tablecloth! To prevent spills tho' I would get some inexpensive clear plastic and cover them. If they are tied they can be interchangeable should one become stained or ripped. I hope that helps!!

• Ruth76114
    Ruth76114

How about a valance for a sheer curtain or applique onto toss pillows.

• Carol Day
    Carol Day

i hand sewed mine on a new sheet, now its used for a spread for the bed in the guest room. I get compliments on it

• DORLIS
    DORLIS

Every one else has already covered my ideas. The only thing I would not do is put them where children or pets can get at them, I have 4 cats and have learned this the hard way. other that these ideas, I would put them somewhere safe and bring them out to look at from time to time. Thought - line shelves in china cabinet and then put in crystal, etc to protect rims of glasses.

• Snapoutofit
    Snapoutofit

Sew them together and make a table runner

• Sherry Taylor
    Sherry Taylor

Frame them as peices of art.

• Cindi
    Cindi

I had a friend who embroidered designs in the middle, then framed it in wooden Embroidery hoops. She starched the lace edge and left it hang out against the wall, they were really pretty.

• Sylvia
    Sylvia

I make decorative pillows

, Sylvia Surprise Az
  • Sher
    Sher

use some of them for templates for painting designs on things

• DORLIS
      DORLIS

THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS YOU CN DO WITH THEM, ONE THE BACK OF A SHIRT, ON A PILLOW, SEW TOGETHER SEVERAL TO MAKE A COVER FOR YOUR BED (OVER A SOLILD COLOR), SEW SEVERAL TOGETHER FOR A LACE TABLECLOTH.