My bottle 'sun' or 'star'

My bottle 'sun' or 'star', depending on what time of day it is...zone 4 garden, no breakage problems, buried in sand. Recycled wine, beer, and liquor bottles:)
Bottle 'sun' in my gazebo in the center of my veggie garden. Zone 4, no breakage...has been buried for a couple of years. Old grind stone in the center.
First I chose the spot in the center of the new garden. I laid out the 'point', then dug the bottle in upside down...whole. I had an old grindstone that I used for the center. I used a post hole digger, shovel, and rubber mallet.
The bottles all buried...you can easily make adjustments in the sandy soil. I used a 2" by 4" and a level to get the bottles aligned to the same height.
I filled with sand to bring the ground level up to where I wanted it...just and inch or so from the top of the bottles.
I spread pea gravel on top to finish the sun off.
This summer I added a 'door mat'!
Here is the final view. The bottle sun is under the pergola (which has been taken over by hops!).

18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!

• Pat Acosta

How can I camouflage a double pane window that has white residue , unable to replace at this time.

• Pat Beakley

Do you fill your bottles with sand before burying to equalize pressure to keep from breaking? Really like the idea.

• Ursula Owens

No...in our climate the moisture in the sand in the bottle would freeze in winter, expand, and break the bottle.

• Chris Sandbeck

I live in mud country, not how this would work or if it would work as mud has no give and take. Could add sand to soil.

• Teresa

Yes sand is the answer for your soul type... You can buy it by the truck load or by the bags at the local handyman store..

• Joanie

You've got quite a little, peaceful area behind the gates. Love the privacy. Enjoy!

• Aisha Jackson

I was wondering what I could do with all of the green s.pellegrino mineral water bottles that I had. This Pin gave me a great idea for my Zen garden. I used a stepping stone for the center, s.pellegrino bottles and small blue bottles. It was easier to dig the bottles into the ground then I thought since we recently had several days of rain. I was very happy how this turned out!