Angelica
Angelica
  • Southbridge, MA
Asked on Apr 8, 2013

Need help with odd corner in my kitchen

KayAngelicaLorraine Edwards
+4

Looking for ideas for this odd corner in my kitchen. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
q need help with odd corner in my kitchen, home decor, kitchen design
  • Angelica

That looks awesome, thank you!

• Patricia W

Some small shelves above the corner unit, maybe some tins or decorative bottles on them? color:}

• Lorraine Edwards

Think I have a good solution. If possible, demo that small useless section of wall. Center the little cart closer to the wall and then add a counter top, just enough to extend out far enough to add two small stools for a breakfast bar. Add shelves above to place the microwave and the other appliance on it. Ikea has some really cool and sturdy shelves to put in that corner. Aside from appliances, you can also add some baskets that can serve as storage too. The trash can can also stay down that end, under the little overhang of countertop (on the left side of the overhang).

• Angelica

Hi everybody! So I have not done anything with that odd corner but move the microwave cart to the side, but I painted my cabinets with rutsoleum cabinet transformation in pure white with the glaze and countertops with craft paint. I love it!! Just wanted to share.

q need help with odd corner in my kitchen, home decor, kitchen designq need help with odd corner in my kitchen, home decor, kitchen designq need help with odd corner in my kitchen, home decor, kitchen design
  • Kay

How about a tall corner hutch for storage? I'm sure you could find a decent second hand one that you can paint and customize yourself. Your cabinets look great!