Robyn
Robyn
  • Phoenix, AZ

Falling in Love with Tillandsia

Good morning everyone,
This weekend I innocently went to the Street Fair that was in town for the weekend. Little did I know I would be starstruck with tillandsia, also known as air plants. Yes, I have seen them many times before but never gave them a thought. This little booth had them on display so beautifully and they were in bloom. I bought 4, went home and researched for hours, and realized this
falling in love with tillandsia, gardening
I finally decided on a home for them, for today at least. These guys can be moved since there is no dirt.
I grouped them on my dining table with a battery operated string of pearl and bead lights that are on a timer for the evening.
Here is a close up of the pearl, bead and light garland. I can't wait to see this tonight!

• Patricia W

Wowee! Those are so pretty!!! I wonder how they would do in Oregon?

• Robyn

From what I am reading they like temperatures from 45 to 90 degrees...cannot stay wet, need a certain light and air movement. Many people grow them indoors. There are many great websites talking about how to do that. (I only know this because I am reading the websites like crazy!) If you decide to try them Patricia, keep us posted. I would love to see your pictures :)