Angela
Angela
  • Carrollton, TX

Remove Carpet Stains

Remove carpet stains easily by treating them soon after they happen. I removed red spaghetti sauce from my carpet using this technique. Check out the detailed instructions in the blog post.
Use a microfiber cloth to pick up as much of the stain as possible. Gently blot, don't rub.
Use cool water to dilute the stain then warm soap suds to remove the remaining stain.
remove carpet stains, cleaning tips, flooring
Use a damp cloth to rinse out soap and remaining stain.
Angela

• Angela

I would probably try saturating the stain area with vinegar (test for color fastness) again then cover it with baking soda. Let it dry then vacuum up the baking soda. That should get rid of any lingering smells. I would then take a cool damp cloth with a little bit of detergent, again check for color fastness, and blot up as much of the stain as you can. If all else fails, you can always have it professionally cleaned.

• Tracey Clayton

Nice tips! But, some stains and urine smell are very hard to remove, so in that case professional cleaning supplies are always the best option.