Wine bottle planters instructions

+5
I am positively mystified! I want to use wine bottles as HORIZONTAL planters for succulents, etc. I have scoured the Web, YouTube, Pintrest, etc. How do people make these? Thanks loads in advance!
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 11, 2016
    There are a lot of posts but I do not know if these are what you are looking for. Try www.hometalk.com/wine-bottle-hangingbasket or www,home talk.com/455726/re-using-old-wine-bottles-for-wall-vases
  • Rose Rose on Jan 11, 2016
    I had a friend who used different types of bottles..You hang the bottle on the tree branch and you take the branch with a small bud on it and insert the bud end in the bottle and they will grow in the bottle. It was a real conversation piece. I loved it.
  • Nicky Foster Nicky Foster on Feb 07, 2016
    Lol. Just getting this down pat now. I score w a diamond drill bit, I'm using one for a drill. (New to this) by hand. And running the natural line in the bottle, all the way around.. I use a sterno ( for like heating food) to heat the bottle, and I just follow the lines, focus on thickest parts first. Then a bath of Coldest set tap water, crack crack crack, reheat. Cold. Good to go.