How to Paint Ombre Striped Walls {or Any Stripes}

$120

I love color, and as long as I can remember, I have always lingered a little too long on the paint aisle of any home improvement store perusing the paint sample strips and dreaming up projects. This got me thinking - why not mimic the ombre look of those paint strips by painting graduated stripes on the walls? If I were ever going to try it anywhere, the nursery seemed like the ideal space.
The first question was what color? We wanted to create a nursery that was gender neutral, but rather that the typical yellow or green, we opted for shades of teal. We wanted to paint five wide stripes on the wall,
Of course, the idea seemed brilliant in my head, but when it came time to actually get down to painting, I started to get nervous. I'd painted stripes before, but only in the context of painting one color of stripe over an existing color. Painting five different colored stripes...this was a different kind of challenge.
Read the full tutorial at the link below for the detailed supply list.
My husband and I sat down and hashed out our different ideas for how to best tackle the project in search of a plan that would ensure the crispest lines with the least amount of measuring and taping. Finally we agreed on a plan - and I am proud to say that while it was time consuming, it was very manageable and the results were exactly what we had hoped for.
YOU CAN READ THE DETAILED TUTORIAL, with lots of helpful tips and tricks, ON MY BLOG AT THE LINK BELOW.
Once all the stripes were painted, we pulled of the tape to admire our work, and then got busy decorating the room!
You can find lots of more pictures of this gender-neutral, modern animal themed nursery on my blog!

Angela, Blue i Style

• Donna

I'm going to do this and then I'll include a photo.

• Donna