A Gun Rack That Stuns- Scrap Fabric Organizer

If you find a gun rack at the thrift store...and you don't need it for its original purpose...then you put it to great use as a way to store and organize your stuff!
Click HERE for the full DIY tutorial- and all my tips and tricks!
A gun rack from the thrift store- it doesn't look like much, does it? But it holds SO MUCH POSSIBILITY! Who doesn't love a good storage/organization DIY project?
I wanted to transform it into something that could display and organize my fabric scraps. So, I purchased wooden dowels to use as hanging bars / racks and set them in the slots.
After I evened out the dowel "racks" ( Find out how I did it HERE! ) I decorated my dowels and added hooks in the ends.
All that was left to do was add my smallest fabric bits- remnants, scraps, thrifted hand towels, bandanas, and pillow cases...you get the idea! It is just jam-packed with storage options.
It's seriously perfect for my craft room- now the small fabric "bits" won't get lost and I am inspired to make more projects just by looking at it! Tell me, though- what would you store on a repurposed gun rack?

Sadie Seasongoods

• Sandra Dvorak Fellman

I think it would be great for rolls of wrapping paper and spools of ribbon.

• Fresca baby

How about scarves, gloves, hat, toque, and a place to hang keys and purse at the front door 👜🎒🌂🕶🧣👒.

Now laundry room, plastic dowel for hang dry items.

• Linda

This is great Sadie, a wonderful job. You’ve given me ideas. I like everything you have on the rack. I’ll add our pet leashes and even put house keys, etc... on it. Thank you for a brilliant idea.

Linda

• Linda

Thank you CJ, it worked!! I appreciate your help. 😊

• Tiena Nobles

Very clever idea!!

• Candice Gollam

This would be neat for all of my Cricut materials. I want to make a quilt but I have not gotten to it but I got a really nice deal on a lot of material for mother’s day That I took advantage of. I also do not have a gun rack to use, but maybe I can create something similar. Thanks for the idea. I love this.