A Gun Rack That Stuns- Scrap Fabric Organizer

If you find a gun rack at the thrift store...and you don't need it for its original purpose...then you put it to great use as a way to store and organize your stuff!
Click HERE for the full DIY tutorial- and all my tips and tricks!
a gun rack that stuns scrap fabric organizer, decoupage, organizing, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
A gun rack from the thrift store- it doesn't look like much, does it? But it holds SO MUCH POSSIBILITY! Who doesn't love a good storage/organization DIY project?
I wanted to transform it into something that could display and organize my fabric scraps. So, I purchased wooden dowels to use as hanging bars / racks and set them in the slots.
After I evened out the dowel "racks" ( Find out how I did it HERE! ) I decorated my dowels and added hooks in the ends.
All that was left to do was add my smallest fabric bits- remnants, scraps, thrifted hand towels, bandanas, and pillow cases...you get the idea! It is just jam-packed with storage options.
It's seriously perfect for my craft room- now the small fabric "bits" won't get lost and I am inspired to make more projects just by looking at it! Tell me, though- what would you store on a repurposed gun rack?

• Gun Rack  (Thrift Store)
  • Dowels  (Craft Store)
  • Paint  (Craft Store)
Sadie Seasongoods

• Sandra Young

So funny “if you happen to find a gun rack” sounds so bizarre to me , any ideas for us Brit’s? We don’t have spare gun racks .. cos we don’t have guns lol

• Leigh Bunches McGuinty

Oh how I wish we had that problem. I live in the south.. And I swear gun racks are in every truck and every thrift, every garage sale, every craft sale...

• Sandra Young

• Victoria Monroe

I think the large Command hooks would work, just measure and place them directly on the wall.

• Ida May Chapa

Our gun racks are being used to lock down our guns .. would a spice rack work or a old wooden milk or bottle crate?

• LIBBY

Have one of those gun racks and have been searching for something to do with it. Thanks for the idea!!!

• Teresa

Even a neat idea to display old textiles and needlework--I have too many remnants to store like that! LOL