Chalk board painted silver tray

$10

I have a silver plated tray someone gave me for Christmas one year. It was spotted and very thin, not in great shape...I decided to give it a few coats of chalk board paint. I love how it looks in my kitchen now.
Love changing the messages
Love changing the messages
Before
Before
After two coats of chalk board paint
After two coats of chalk board paint
Decor&Dine

• Jewellmartin

Do you polish the rest of the silver plate? I like the patina I saw developing on one end of the tray. The chalkboard purpose for this tray gives it usefulness. It can not be very valuable for silver content. This has really inspired me to pull out some pieces I have stashed in the very back of my china cabinet. Best wishes 😇
    • Decor&Dine

I did polish the rest of the tray but it does start to tarnish over time. Sometimes I just leave it. The silver was not good silver that is why I did not have a problem with painting it. Have fun, hope you try it.
  • J.b. kelly

How do you prop it on the counter
    • Decor&Dine

It just stands against the backsplash. I haven't had an issue with it falling over
  • Katherine Colleen

What do you polish it with to get into those times crevasses?

• Olga Margareth Ramos

Lovely. Specialy 'cause you've wrote the portuguese way to salut! But I'll try to do it with one small silver tray to put at the guest bathroom with that little soaps.

• Decor&Dine

Thanks @Olga Margareth Ramos , and I love your idea for the guest room.

• Jewellmartin

@Decor&Dine. This is pretty good. You first posted this in 2013 and people are still impressed by your project. It didn't go viral on Hometalk, but it should have! 😇