Grow Clematis For A Gorgeous Burst Of Colour

I photographed these clematis vines in my gardens (at our former home and current home). Can you tell I'm in love with them? I can't get enough!
This perennial vine is easy to grow. There's lots of varieties, and, if you grow a few different types, you'll have blooms from early summer to late fall.
Clematis needs support (something it's tendrils can grab onto) but it's a gentle vine so it's safe to grow up trees or shrubs without causing any damage. Try planting different types together to get a wonderful mishmash of colour.
Once the flowers are finished, the seeds are just as beautiful. Want to grow some? There's more on the blog: http://www.empressofdirt.net/clematis-101-easy-care-guide-really/
grow clematis for a gorgeous burst of colour, flowers, gardening, If you have a clematis but don t know what type it is this guide may help with pruning decisions
If you have a clematis but don't know what type it is, this guide may help with pruning decisions.
grow clematis for a gorgeous burst of colour, flowers, gardening, When the purple blooms finish a second vine with deep red flowers appears
When the purple blooms finish, a second vine with deep red flowers appears.
grow clematis for a gorgeous burst of colour, flowers, gardening, Instant happiness
Instant happiness!
grow clematis for a gorgeous burst of colour, flowers, gardening, Don t tell the others but I think this one is my favourite
Don't tell the others, but I think this one is my favourite.
grow clematis for a gorgeous burst of colour, flowers, gardening, Swoon
Swoon!
grow clematis for a gorgeous burst of colour, flowers, gardening, Beautiful clematis seeds
Beautiful clematis seeds.
grow clematis for a gorgeous burst of colour, flowers, gardening, Clematis likes to keep its feet cool and moist this spot beside the deck was ideal
Clematis likes to keep its feet cool and moist-this spot beside the deck was ideal.
grow clematis for a gorgeous burst of colour, flowers, gardening, Okay maybe this one is my favourite
Okay, maybe this one is my favourite.
Empress of Dirt - Melissa

• Elvira Fernandez

I had one and every year would come out and everyone would say it's beautiful. I sold the house and now I wish I had one in my new house. I moved to Tx and it's hot out here so I don't know whether it would grow here in the hot sun, but I do miss it.

• Lollyolive

I had 5 and working giting some for Cutting. You're starting to show agree good sign for new flowers