Lindsay Eidahl
Lindsay Eidahl
  • Cedar Rapids, IA

Kitchen Makeover: DIY Stone Tile Backplash

Our kitchen makeover has been a long process, but we are finally in the home stretch. We just finished putting up the tile backsplash from The Builder Depot. We love the tile and the way it looks now and we learned A LOT through this DIY project.
kitchen makeover diy stone tile backplash, diy, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling
I am so excited to get the finishing touches put up and to have the kitchen completely done. This tile came in sheets which I think makes certain tile jobs easier.
It is real stone tile so we got to rent and try out one of these bad boys for the first time.
The process wasn't easy and it did take a while to get it done, but we are really happy with the outcome. The color in the tile has both warm and cool tones so it works great with the Quartz countertops and the paint color on the cabinets.
I talk a lot more about what we learned through this process and if we would do it again on my blog post.

Lindsay Eidahl

• Elise Williams

I love the Mason jar soap dispenser! Where did you find a pump top to fit the Mason jar? cute idea.

• Paige

Lindsay was the stone tile more expensive than say just regular subway tile. I had the same idea in my mind to do a make over in my kitchen with this idea. Love the way it turned out for you it is simply beautiful! I will need to sand and scrub my old cabinets because they are in tough shape. What color of paint did you use for the cabinets? I want white but not stark white or white white. Job well done!

• Julia Noreikas

I really love your backsplash & especially the tile u used. I'm in Southern California & we don't have a store by the name of where u purchased your stone tile. Would u have the name of the tile & hopefully the manufacturer so maybe I can track it down? JN

• Diana Deiley

Beautiful. I love the color choices. Just perfect. Great job.

• Sandra

Gosh I thought before I read this that you had a concrete sink and counter top, which, by the way I think is a great idea. But, the Quartz is always a wonderful choice. It looks great. I love your stone kitchen--counter top and wall. Beautiful!