Cindy
Cindy
  • Seminole, FL
Asked on Apr 10, 2013

I am trying to find a unique way to keep my mulch in my gardens.

Mary InsanaDouglas Hunt

I live in Florida and am trying to find some neat way to edge my gardens so the mulch stays in! I need to be able to curve the edging, got any ideas that won't cost me a whole lot and will look nice, can't be too high either?

Cindy, if you have a good edge on your borders, your mulch really shouldn't go anywhere. This Hometalk member had a great post on how to do it: http://www.hometalk.com/459861/how-to-edge-flower-beds-like-a-pro Otherwise, creative Hometalk members have used everything from bottles to plates to bicycle wheels as edging material. Do a search for "garden edging" using the box in the upper left and you'll see what they've come up with.

• Mary Insana

Last year I put down rubber mulch. I put it on a hill and it has stayed put all winter and doesn't lose its color. It did cost a little more up front but I don't have to mulch this year and probably not next year either. I may end up buying a bag to patch in where the deer made a mess. I'm sure living in Florida yours would stay put even better than mine up North on a hillside !