Jo F
Jo F
  • Durham, NC
Asked on Jan 19, 2012

Doggie door

Donna McCrummenLandlightSPeace Painting Co., Inc.
+2

I am asking for advice on getting a storm door that a pet door can be added to. Anyone have experience with aluminum, wood, etc.? I am clueless? Thanks.
  • Doggie doors are installed only on one door. So a storm door with an interior door will not work. Have you thought about doing a doggie door in the wall?

• LandlightS

Lowes stocks an aluminum screen/storm door with a built in/on doggie door. It retails for about $225 in the metro Atlanta area. As stated above, you have to leave the interior door open for the puppy to return

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

To eliminate the problem of having several unwanted cats coming inside their house during the winter. our friends installed a pet door that only opened for their animal by using an interacting collar. New one on me.

• LandlightS

i"m having enough trouble with a smartphone let alone door like that...lol

• Donna McCrummen

We recently installed a Patio Pacific Door with Endura Flap. My 6 lb. guy is having trouble pushing the door open because the magnet is super strong. I put some masking tape over the magnet to soften up the attraction and we are working on coaxing him through.