Total laundry room makeover for $0

My laundry room was destroyed and made over ... again. This time I scrubbed, touched up walls and baseboards, and added more functional storage items and pretty decorations.
Here's a look at the before of the laundry room. Be sure to click on the post link for a full view of all the photos in this scary space. #SpringCleaningChallenge
Yep, I let things get this bad. #SpringCleaningChallenge
Now the room is clean, functional and pretty. The best part? I spent no money! Click on the post link for a full view of the photos. #SpringCleaningChallenge
I stole art from around the house to decorate the room. Those butterflies are the real deal! My aunt and uncle travel the world and collect and document butterflies and moths. #SpringCleaningChallenge
This basket is one of my favorite storage pieces. #SpringCleaningChallenge
I switched out the hooks for beefier ones that hold more. Plus I cleaned and packed away the winter coats. Now there's room for our library book tote bag and our daughter's backpack. #SpringCleaningChallenge
I threw together these decorations for the top of the laundry room cabinet. #SpringCleaningChallenge
I brought out this handmade wooden bowl to hold my laundry detergent pods next to the washing machine. Convenient! #SpringCleaningChallenge
Living Rich on Less - Susan

• Cynthia H

I love the way you organized! I keep my pods in a closed container for two reasons - moisture breaks down the surface and the pod can tear (they dissolve in the washing machine of course LOL). The second reason is my granddaughter - she's only 4 and after reading about all the poisoning of children with pods, I also keep it on a shelf high out of reach. I would never leave her alone in that area of course, but, kids are quick and curious, so it makes me feel safer with them out of reach and out of her line of vision.. Of course if there are no children around, it's not an issue!

• Diggin The Desert

PLEASE be sure that the pods are way out of the reach of children!! A friend's toddler got into the Tide pods and almost died. They look like candy to a little one.