Recycling old magazines into lovely lamp shades

I recycled magazine pages into this shade for an old lamp. While the process turned out to be more challenging than I had anticipated, the result was even more beautiful than I had expected. http://blueantlerstudio.com/recycled-magazine-into-beautiful-lamp-shade/
This lampshade was from made from coiled up pieces of pages from old magazines.
The pattern I used for the coils was a simple swirl.
I cut the coils - many, many, many...many coils - from the pages of old magazines.
I used hot glue to hold the coils together and to attach them to an old paper shade.
Kathy@ blueantlerstudio.com

• Melissa Rhodes

HOW DID YOU MAKE THE ROSE'S HON???
    • Kathy@ blueantlerstudio.com

Hi Melissa, to make the roses start with the pointed end of the paper spiral that you have cut. Roll the paper, as you continue to roll it will naturally want to roll more tightly along the inside edge. As you reach the end of the spiral the rounded end will extend out in the opposite direction of the roll. Now gently loosen the spiral, again one side of the roll will naturally remain more tightly rolled than the other. The top of the rose will be the less tight edge. The rounded end of the spiral will now want to lay almost flat under the rolled spiral and that will be the open most petal of the rose. With the rose sitting upside down on your work surface, place a dab of hot glue into the small hole at the pointy end (least tight) of the roll. Press the end of the spiral at the very end of the cut line over the hole and into the glue - it is the outer most pedal and should lay almost open. Make sure that the tightly rolled edge is pressed well into the glue. I hope this helps.
    • Irene Gronewald

very cute...think I could do this on a wreath, or small trash can

• Trudi

I saw the lamp shade on another place. Clicked to see how it was done, brought here and nothing works. Don't know if it is my computer or Hometalk's page but I can't see any of the pictures or get to your blog.

• Kathy@ blueantlerstudio.com

No it is not your computer, its my website. I switched platforms and and I haven't been able to get it working properly.