IKEA Bookcase Hack

$52

What do you get when you mix my love gold metallic and IKEA? A gorgeous Gold Metallic Bookcase...
I love the deals and trendy home decor found at IKEA. The Vittsjo Bookcase is a steal at $70. The elegant look of the Vittsjo metal and glass bookcase is gorgeous, but I preferred something lighter than the dark metal. A huge number of home decor issues can be solved with one essential ingredient...paint.
The metal Vittsjo bookcase with glass shelves is such a great piece from IKEA. It comes standard in a black metal, but with some spray paint it can easily be transformed to your ideal piece.
The soft, satin look of the gold gives the Vittsjo a classic elegant look. The lighter color is better suited to the light colors used in the room.
The IKEA Vittsjo Bookcase is the perfect piece for displaying your collectibles, books, photos and family finds. It's a great piece that can easily be transformed.
House on the Way - Leslie

• Monica Abel

This is stunning! I just bought this bookcase a few weeks ago and never thought of painting the metal. I see another project in my future...

• Heather Stenberg

Wow! That does look great! I bought the same shelves last month, but paid $70. All well, I still love them!

, It s untidy at the moment but I still shopping for baskets and trying to make space for my new baby s things My books are in bankers boxes for now
    • @Heather Stenberg Thanks! My mistake. The single bookcase is $40 I paid $70 for the shelves too. Sorry...I'll correct that.