Pam P
Pam P
  • Covington, LA
Asked on Jan 22, 2012

Does anyone have a good company they have used for window replacements

Window World of AtlantaHandyANDY - Handyman & All Repairs, LLCFaidra at  CA Global Inc
+2

Does anyone know about Window World? I need new glass because my glass is fogged.
  • You do not necessarily need to replace the entire window Pam. If the sash works well almost all insulated window glass can be changed. However if you decide to go the route of completely new windows. Check for rebates in your state for the increased energy efficiency that they offer. If you decide to just replace the glass, most local glass shops can provide this work for you at a fraction of the cost to do the complete window. Also without all the mess involved.

• Home Right Solutions

Pam - we are a local window company. the above may be correct, it just depends on the age of the existing windows if you can just replace the sash or not. As for window world, they advertise a $ 189 window, but the windows do not have any insulating value and will 'fog" the same as your existing windows. We would be more than happy to come out and help find a solution for you. We do not try to sell you anything, but we educate the customer and then hope to earn their business. I can be reach at 678-410-8108

• Faidra at CA Global Inc

US Windows, had whole house replaced 28 windows, excellent workmanhip, quality product and great customer service

• I think Pam is in Lousianna....so I don't think most of us posting want to travel that far! You can just replace the glass in most units and we do it all the time. Home Right is correct about the cheaper vinyl windows...you get what you pay for. I would suggest you consult some local glass suppliers....maybe like a Binswanger Glass if they have a location near you...and ask for a price to replace the glass portion of the window only with a new thermopane unit. We have these made for us routinely by a supplier in Atlanta. LUCK!

• Window World of Atlanta

The Window World in Louisiana is an excellent operation and offers a Lifetime Warranty, The Good Housekeeping Seal of approval and is a big contributor to St. Jude's. We always encourage people to do research and get a free quote! Apples to Apples, Window World will always be the best quality for the best price.