I Painted the INSIDE of My Front Door BLACK While Hubby Was Out

One of the current trends right now which I think is so much fun is painting the inside of your front door. Why does it have to be boring white? Who made that rule any-ways.
I have been secretly wanting to paint the door black for quite awhile. When I redecorated the front hallway I thought now is my chance....finally.
So when my hubby left the house for a long period of time, I got out my painters tape and black paint and brush and started to put on coat #1. It's not like he would have stopped me if he knew ahead of time, but it saved ALOT of time explaining what I was doing and why.
The white door was so boring and becoming dated! It (and I) needed the change!
I taped off the trim and used a paint brush and roller to paint the door and side window.
I LOVE the way it turned out. It even makes the metallic accent wall beside it pop.
And as for hubby, his reaction? Come over to my blog to find out!!! Thanks for reading!
Next, I'm going to paint the closet doors black too!
I'm Debi Carser and I am a Designer. For over 10 years I have been staging houses helping clients make their home stunning but also adding value to their home at the same time. The results were amazing - our clients earned money for their home beyond their expectations. Meanwhile, my fixer upper at home sat waiting for ME to fix IT up.
BUT now it's MY turn! Come join ME as I renovate our fixer upper. I'll share my tips and secrets along the way on how you can make your home stunning AND to make sure what you're doing will Add Value To Your Home for when your ready to sell.

15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Debi @ Debi Collinson Interiors