Creating a French Country Kitchen Cabinet Finish Using Chalk Paint

We are in the midst of a mini kitchen DIY reno. Hubby finally caved and agreed to let me paint our wood cabinets and I created a french country rustic feel for them using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
creating a french country kitchen cabinet finish using chalk paint, chalk paint, kitchen backsplash, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting, Before shot of our kitchen It is on the small side and was very dark
Before shot of our kitchen. It is on the small side and was very dark.
creating a french country kitchen cabinet finish using chalk paint, chalk paint, kitchen backsplash, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting, We tore out our existing backsplash and created a custom hood above the cooktop I opted to use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint to help me achieve the french country feel I was looking for Working on finishing up the rest of the cabinet doors
We tore out our existing backsplash and created a custom hood above the cooktop. I opted to use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint to help me achieve the french country feel I was looking for. Working on finishing up the rest of the cabinet doors. NOTE: The cabinet doors are back on. I was in the middle of completing them when I took time out to do the tutorial for my readers. I would never leave all that stuff in the cabinets if they were to have been open shelving.
creating a french country kitchen cabinet finish using chalk paint, chalk paint, kitchen backsplash, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting, Old Ochre paint and new knobs
Old Ochre paint and new knobs.
creating a french country kitchen cabinet finish using chalk paint, chalk paint, kitchen backsplash, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting, I use a moist sanding block to sand with It keeps the dust at bay and makes a buttery smooth finish
I use a moist sanding block to sand with. It keeps the dust at bay and makes a buttery smooth finish.
creating a french country kitchen cabinet finish using chalk paint, chalk paint, kitchen backsplash, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting, Dark wax applied to help age the cabinets
Dark wax applied to help age the cabinets.
creating a french country kitchen cabinet finish using chalk paint, chalk paint, kitchen backsplash, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting, It is a long process to achieve this look but to us well worth it
It is a long process to achieve this look but to us well worth it.
creating a french country kitchen cabinet finish using chalk paint, chalk paint, kitchen backsplash, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting, I stil am working on finishing up the remainder of the cabinets but am just thrilled with how far our kitchen has come from where we first started
I still am working on finishing up the remainder of the cabinets but am just thrilled with how far our kitchen has come from where we first started.
creating a french country kitchen cabinet finish using chalk paint, chalk paint, kitchen backsplash, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting
After all the cabinet doors were completed and placed back on.
From My Front Porch To Yours

• Bernie Moon

So didn't you do the bottom too?

• Diane

I would like the bottom to be done too but that’s just my opinion

• Sonya

Where did you get your new knobs from.....

• Kim O'Toole

Looks great! I am about to redo my kitchen table and chair set using Annie Sloan Chalk paint. I really like the color of your cabinets, can you tell me which color(s) you used?

Thanks in advance!