Linda B
Linda B
  • Trumbull, CT

Making Natural Citrus Soaps

$13.00

It all started with a box of chocolates (you never know what you're going to get!)
I had these two plastic chocolate box inserts (that the chocolates sit in) and I didn't want to throw it out. I left it laying around and when my niece came and said I should make "soaps" in it, I knew it was the right thing.
I bought the glycerin soap making supplies at Michael's Craft Store. Since I don't like really fragrant soaps, I settled on using the rinds (zests?) of lemons, oranges, and grapefruits! I just grated up the rinds and put them in the melted glycerin and poured them in the candy inserts. At first I wondered if the plastic inserts were going to melt but they were just fine!
Hope you enjoy this! It was so fun. So SAVE THOSE CANDY BOX INSERTS!! Linda
making natural citrus soaps, crafts, Here are the orange soaps Aren t they sweet I love them so much And the scent is just subtle not overwhelming
Here are the orange soaps. Aren't they sweet? I love them so much. And the scent is just subtle not overwhelming.
making natural citrus soaps, crafts, See where the candies sat
See where the candies sat?
making natural citrus soaps, crafts, They weren t that little either Some were 2 inches
They weren't that little either. Some were 2 inches.
making natural citrus soaps, crafts, Here the soap is in the candy inserts
Here the soap is in the candy inserts.
making natural citrus soaps, crafts, And at work in my bathroom Lemon Orange and Grapefruit Soaps
And at work in my bathroom. Lemon, Orange, and Grapefruit Soaps.
Linda B