Upcycled Instrument Cases

271 Views
I "saved" a bunch of instrument cases from being thrown in the garbage at my old school, and I have had them for a long time, not knowing what to do with them, but NOW they have turned into beautiful and useful storage and decor...
  • upcycled instrument cases, crafts, repurposing upcycling, shelving ideas, wall decor
I needed a new bedside table/shelf, so I took the biggest one and screwed two old belt onto the bottom on each side, and those belts were them screwed onto the wall, and voila: I have a shelf!!! I attached the smallest one with screws underneath, and it contains a notepad and a pen, so I can write down all those ideas that pop up just as I'm about to go to sleep...
The top shelf now holds my books, my alarm clock, and my vintage flash light for night time "walks".... ;-)
The next project I did with one of the instrument cases was this decorative wall piece. I pulled off the top lid, took these felt covered pieces that were inside to hold the instrument in place, replaced them into shelves and glued them down. Inside each backside I made different backgrounds, and put different decor elements on the shelves. Before I hung it up i made holes for the screws, and then screwed it onto the wall...
And this is what it looks like together with the different frames I made(glued different kinds of ribbons onto them, and sprayed them with chrome spray). The backgrounds in the frames are the same as in the bottom two shelves, I cut strips from magazines with green things in thn pages, and glued them randomly in a stripes pattern to make the backgrounds. I added a picture of my dog in one of them, one of my girls in another, and the birds are just silhouettes I found on the internet which I printed out on transparents. The little canvas was sprayed with the same chrome spray, and I put different words on it, some with my label maker, some with decoupage, and some I just painted on there by freehand.
On the sidetable underneath I put an altered lunchbox using the same tecniques as in the frames, and I put one a "Just be you" print in the frame in the same style as the labels I used on the lunchbox and also on the top shelf in the instrument case(found them on the internet, and printet them out on photo paper).
This is the other side of the lunchbox. I chose these inspirational quotes, so I can remind myself to live in the moment...
I glued ribbons all the way around the lunchbox and added a green detail on the handle to complete the green theme...
This old candelabre I picked up second hand was painted green with regular acryllic paint, to fit in...
All in all I was happy with the result, and as you can see: So was my daughter... ;-)

Suggested materials for this project:

Ask a Question