How to Brick a Wall in One Day!

$200

One of the most important rooms on our 2016 'fix-it' list is our basement family room/rec room.
It's an awesome room, full of potential - but it has always felt really claustrophobic and dark. That dark peacock blue wall wasn't helping!
how to brick a wall in one day, how to, wall decor
Once we decluttered the room and decided on a basic lay-out, we decided we needed to do SOMETHING with that wall to brighten up the space. But we didn't want to just 'paint it white'. We wanted there to be some element of texture so that it didn't feel like we were hanging out in a plain white box :)
As soon as I saw this realistic, white brick wall paper - I KNEW it was the ticket! It is an outside wall - so having it be brick wasn't actually unrealistic and this was much less expensive and less permanent than actually using 1/2 bricks on the wall.
I did this in one evening, using a 'paste the wall method' - that's literally where you apply wall paste to a clean wall using a synthetic paint brush and then put the paper onto the paste. Isn't it AMAZING!! I can't get over the difference it's made in our space.
Still so much left to do - but now movie nights are much more fun :)
Full details are over on our blog post which is linked up here. Thanks so much for reading!
DIY Passion

• Rebecca

Great job. Does the wallpaper dent if you bump up against it or furniture is pushed against it? I'm inspired to do this is a small room I have to cover up paneling but am concerned it would dent easily.

• Cheryl Grogan

Is that anaglypta wall paper?

• Shauna Steadman

Two types of embossed wallpaper are "Lincrusta' which is a heavy , almost three deminsional composit filled relief - expensive and hard to fin d (Look for it in great Britain). The other is 'Anaglypta' which is a low relief, sometime s foam embossing, available even in big box stores. This looks like anaglypta and I have seen brick wallpaper of this type. I have used both.

• Patricia Kobar Abbott
    30 minutes ago

Love it! I have lower level FR, now below chair rail is wallpapered needs updating.

Want to lighten it up, paint above chair rail repose grey!

Where did you purchase wallpaper, please?

Thx, for great idea!!!