DIY Raised Bed Garden Enclosure

Our family's backyard plays host to eight or more deer on any given night. After watching our landscaping act as an all-you-care-to-eat buffet for years, I knew we would need a sturdy, deer proof enclosure for our recent vegetable garden expansion. Fencing the entire yard was not an option, and the materials for this project cost less than most of the deer fencing available online. Check out the photos, my comments in the discussion below, and the blog link for more information!
We used untreated pine for our enclosure, but you can go all out with cedar, or go green and use recycled or repurposed wood. Note: Avoid pressure-treated lumber if you are nervous about the chemicals coming in contact with the soil.
Here's our door during construction. This hinged door latches closed with a gate latch. We decided to use twine tied to the latch and looped into the enclosure so we wouldn't get stuck inside if the wind blew the door shut! :-)
We built this enclosure with lots of room to maneuver inside. We plan to maximize planting space by adding potted veggies and maybe some grow bags as well.
Here's the enclosure with our spring crop of lettuce and peas. We tied twine to the structure to create a lattice for the peas.
diy raised bed garden enclosure, diy, gardening, raised garden beds
A photo from last summer.
Becky - Clover and Thyme

• Jennifer Klimes

Do you have a list of materials and a blue print or instructions? I would love to build one but would need instructions.

• Elizabeth Sagarminaga

I admiring the dedication you put into your site and in depth information you provide. You have performed a fantastic job. I’ll definitely dig it and for my part suggest to my friends. I’m confident they’ll be benefiting from this site. I liked your deer fencing while I was touring andI can see how it protect your yard from wild animals. I would love to buildone. Thanks for nice job.