I bet you have one of these weeds in your lawn now....I've had them all at one time or another!

Hover your mouse over each picture to get identification.
Chickweed, bittercress and violet are broadleafed plants. You can control them with herbicide or dig them out without hurting your lawn. Be sure to follow label directions.
Annual bluegrass is tougher. Did you see my weed wiper at http://www.hometalk.com/activity/116212?se=stf&tk=t6fvh0 ?
annual bluegrass
chickweed
hairy bittercress
violet

• Kelly S

I don't like any of the top 3 and I've got something like em. Wish I had your honeysuckle Rebecca.

• Suzette Trimmer

I landscape 5.5 acres where all the above weeds thrive no matter what I do. They are so invasive I pull them all out by the roots almost to the point of pulling my own hair out both just grow back, every single time. Like most previous comments, I agree with not wanting to use harsh spray weed killers in my and amongst my flowers, thus I am left one acceptable option and that is to use Preen. Now I was not at all impressed with this product the first year but what I have seen it do is that if applied or scattered around before a hard rain, and at the end of the season, it works great really great. As with all us who are true gardeners we knowingly accept that patience is our truest gift and required tool. This applies to weeds as well. Third year and what the long term effects are of this Preen is that it works for the long term. My sincerest recommendation is that you spring time sprinkle Preen everywhere let April showers pound the active ingredient into the top soil. Pull the weeds that do show up drop Preen into weed root hole and move on to next repeat. By the end of season, you begin to see great results anytime to toil or turn over any dirt in your flower bed drop some Preen down as you go. Good Luck to all us pulling weeds out and not our hair.