I used this idea and revamped my large bathroom mirror this weekend. Here are my photos.

I had just repainted my bathroom and a friend suggested I look at this site to revamp my large bathroom mirror. This is my before picture.
This is my completed picture, without stain. $163.00 in all and so far about 6 hours with myself and my brother, both novices in carpentry.
Left Vanity.
Right Vanity.
This was befor crown moulding and base moulding. I had yet to adhere the framing around the mirror.
First coat of stain.
Stained to match the below cabinets. Still have to steel wool, apply another coat of stain, steel wool again, and then one coat of satin finish polyurethane.

• Georgette

This looks great. one question, how did you do the corners for the crown moulding on the top of the shelf unit? we've been looking for pre-constructed outer corners (to avoid having to cut the angles ourselves) and can't find them anywhere.
    • Beverly Davis

I used the Loews premade corners and precut frame pieces and put directly on mirror and it's fabulous and sturdy. first one I caulked and painted .
      another time I did Not caulk but painted, both fabulous. Tip. They come primed so paint before installation as so much easier
  • Adnwahsal

Did you buy the shelf unit or make it?