Sara z
by Sara z

my backyard is proximity 50 by 30 ft, I am going to cut the big pines and then have empty space in yard.

I am thinking about crape myrtle or any other trees that have beautiful blossom in season for some privacy and better view in my back yard.
Thanks for all your wonderful ideas.

• Sara, I would approach the yard thinking in terms of phases. The first phase should be a variety of trees that are staggered. As a landscaper i think the priority should be to shield the neighbors house for privacy. Creating your own oaisis,can be a labor of love. Staggered towards the back of the property could be DD Blanchad Magnolia, Oak, Red Bud ,Dogwood and Flowering Pear. Phase 2 could be shrubs and groundcovers that connect the trees into a naturalistic island of sorts. You can then add a birdbath and bird feeder and attract songbirds and add a gazebo eventually and an easy swing and you will never have to leave your yard! Of course, Crepe Myrtles can be interspersed.

• Gladys

Please reconsider cutting down all the big pines. They are indiginous to the area and wildlife benefits from them. I have all manner of wildlife, especially birds, and even have an occasional hawk and owl.