All Things Heart and Home
All Things Heart and Home
  • Marietta, GA

Easy DIY Terra Cotta Coasters!

Just in time for spring/summer! Bring a bit of the garden inside with these cute coasters made from one of my favorite things: Terra Cotta! These little saucers along with burlap ribbon (or fabric) are super easy and make great party favors, teacher gifts or hostess gifts!
Faux Aged Terra Cotta saucers with a bit of burlap ribbon make adorable coasters! I used burlap ribbon from Hobby Lobby that looks stenciled, but any fabric you like would work!
I used a little Rust Oleum Stone Texture Spray...
Spray the saucers and let them dry for a couple of hours...then sand until you like the look... Mix a bit of white & green craft paint with a tad of water and wipe on---wipe off to achieve the aged patina look.
Cut burlap ribbon into circles and adhere with Mod Podge, I add a coat of Mod Podge on top of the ribbon-let dry completely and seal with Polyurethane-let dry & add self stick cork or felt to the bottom of the coasters!
All Things Heart and Home

• Bklynbetts65

If you're using them indoors, would you glue felt to the bottom so they wouldn't scratch the furniture?

• Dee Johnston

I would definitly try this project. I love the idea and I've just started doing crafts with burlap. Thank you !