Vintage Scale Farmhouse Sign and Wall Hook

This is one of the new pieces of wall decor I have in my farmhouse style bathroom makeover. It's vintage. It's pretty. And it's useful, too! Bathroom decor at its finest!
vintage scale farmhouse sign and wall hook, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
Cosmetically, the scale got a new coat of paint and some stenciled lettering. The quote I chose is one of my favorites and was very appropriate for this piece!
Before any paint, the scale looked like this, with a marbled black top that I didn't care for at all.
The rusty metal around the glass bubble is great! And the white sides of the scale were a bit rusted, too. I left those just as they were.
Taking the scale apart was more difficult than I had imagine. You can read more about that ordeal on the blog. Once I pried it apart, I added a piece of wood behind the scale face for the hook to screw into and attached the face back on with Loctite. The conversion was actually very easy once I actually got the scale to come apart.
My sign and wall hook version of a vintage scale is both pretty and useful and goes great with the rest of my new farmhouse style bathroom decor!
Denise On A Whim

• Cindy

Love this idea! Did you hang it with Molly bolts?

• Denise On A Whim

Thank you, Cindy! For hanging, I drilled keyhole type hangers on the back, right through the metal of the scale. There are 2 so it would hang straight and securely. :)

• Kathy

Thanks for sharing. This is great. Did you take the mechanisms out to lighten it up a bit? I have my grandmothers old scale and would love to do this but it's so heavy.

• Jan1095093

Love this! What is the font you used on the scale?

• Denise On A Whim

It's a font called LillyBelle. I believe I got it from dafont.com. Hope that helps and thank you!