Carolyn ~ homework
Carolyn ~ homework
  • Los Angeles, CA

E-Waste Bin

In this day and age, it's easy to accumulate a lot of e-waste. Batteries and old cell phones get thrown in a drawer or in a bag until somebody makes a trip to an e-waste drop off. I created this little e-waste bin so we could have a central place for everyone to toss in their e-waste. The bin is made out of an upcycled gift box with a simple label and ribbon.
I simple bin to collect our household e-waste until it can be dropped off at an e-waste center.
A good way to train kids to not throw things like batteries into the regular trash.
It's easy to do little things to recycle.
Carolyn ~ homework

• McKennon Farell

I like this idea of having an e-waste basket for the house. But like any other professional who works in waste collection, it is always good to educate family members on what are the types of wastes at home and how to properly sort these and dispose accordingly. Especially for e-waste, these should not be left at home for a long time. These can get toxic after a while.

• Carolyn ~ homework

@McKennon Farell thanks so much for the tips! It's good to know we need to get that waste properly disposed of sooner rather than later.

• Mary Hornbostel

nice container. Caution when storing batteries. if a small charge is left and ends connect they can overheat and cause a fire. Place tape or stickers over connection points to prevent fire.