Ashley Thurman
Ashley Thurman
  • Appleton, WI

Comic Book Superhero Pillow

This pillow was inspired by comic books. I wanted to give my son a vintage-y type superhero pillow to go with his room. To create this look I used piping to define the lines of the "comic strips". Full details and tutorial are on the blog.
comic book superhero pillow, crafts
I went about this project like creating a quilt block. I drew it out how I wanted and pieced it together.
In between each piece I sewed piping along the edges to create that comic book affect.
This was such a fun project and my son absolutely LOVES it!
Ashley Thurman

• Leah M

Where did you find the fabric? My roomie's great nephew is into the super heroes and that would make a great gift!

• Ashley Thurman

@Leah M I found it all at Joann's : )

• Leah M

@Ashley Thurman Thanks! I may just try this for the roomie's great-nephew, he's a pretty awesome kid and I'm not even related to him!