Learn How to Recycle

The EPA estimates that around 75 percent of solid waste – such as bottles, plastics and glass – is recyclable, but only 30 percent actually makes it into the recycling bin. Recycling is an important, easy way to make your home a "greener" place. And, by helping the planet, you're improving your own quality of life, too.
1) Find out what you can recycle. Contact your local Department of Public Works (each department generally has its own website) to find out what materials they process. Items like glass bottles, newspapers and certain plastics are common, but each city has different capabilities and policies. It's important to adhere to local regulations.
More tips: https://brightnest.com/todos/learn-how-to-recycle

BrightNest

• Z

Good for you @. There are other ways to save than recycling at work too. When I worked as a reading teachers assistant I remade all the original copies of the printable booklets we had for our students so they were printed on both sides using half the amount of paper.

• Becky (J) P

my coworker today asked me the loaded question: Am I supposed to be recycling this or throwing it away. Duh! lol. I don't really have any tips other than it becomes a habit after awhile. I even have my mom doing it (we pick up her trash so she doesn't have a trash bill). If I can get her to do it, anyone can do it. She was a hold out for a long time.