My Very Own Pallet Wall.

After seeing pictures all over the internet showing pallet walls, I decided I needed one in my own house. Here is the wall We created in our own home.
So here is the Pony Wall in my living room. It was the perfect place to add some Rustic Character to our home. Hubby and I really love the look of old Barn wood, and wanted to bring some of that into our home. So we started asking around to see if any friends had some pallets they didn't need. We lucked out and had a friend who brought us some pallets from one of the local Coal mines in our area.
The wood that you see in this picture was Faux Painted by me earlier this year, but I still felt that the wall would look better if the entire wall was covered with actual wood. I was worried that the Faux Painting would look terrible next to the Real wood, but when the project was all finished, I was thrilled with how well the two came together.
So here is the wall after three rows had been installed. The boards for the next row are on the floor awaiting instillation.
So here is the wall all installed. I tested one piece of wood to see if the mahagony stain would blend the Faux painting with the Real wood. The match was perfect, so I proceeded to stain the entire wall. I used three different stain colors for this wall. I used MINWAX GEL STAIN in Mahogany, Golden Oak, and Maple to give the wall texture and variety.
So here you can see the entire wall and how well it turned out.
Here is an up close look at the wall. I love the different sizes and colors of the boards.
Here is the wall with a bench I made out of an old bunk bed set, and a trunk that I salvaged and repainted to look like an old western trunk. I topped it off with a Southwest style ladder and an old green glass bottle I found on the Desert last summer.
The finished wall was everything I hoped it would be and was pleased with the character that it added to our living room.

20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th

To see more: https://humptydumptymuralmagic.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=5261&action=edit

• Bbu26070328

How did you attach the wood To the wall

• Jeanne Martin

Most times the wall studs are marked and you nail them to the studs. A few in drywall are fine but you gotta hit studs too.

• Teresa Mahieu

This looks awesome. How long did it take you to do it?

• Nursietj

I have 2 walls like this that need an update. This is really nice. Any type of pallets would you not use? Thanks

• Norma Jean Brown Huntley

When using pallets look for the stamp on the that says heat treated. I have used pallets to do a totally make over in my living room and im loving it.

• Deborah Campbell

Iwould like to see the blue area above it done. Looks like a small area.

• EC Hern

It looks totally amazing! I agree that it would look good if you carried it up the small blue wall as well. Make it a feature wall instead of a feature half wall. Either way, you did a great job. I'll bet it makes you smile every time you look at it :)

• Debbie

I want to do this for my back slash for my kitchen.