House Of Hawthornes
House Of Hawthornes
  • Columbus, OH

Circus Themed Fairy Garden

When I decided to do a fairy garden, I wanted to do something different. I didn't want to be cliche and actually put a fairy in it, so I went with a circus theme.
I planted it in a beat up, rusty enamelware basin that I bought at an estate sale which came with its own pre-rusted out holes for drainage.
(Yes, it is a little bit "just for show" with the paper flag bunting and all, but I am keeping it on my covered porch for right now and enjoying the festiveness of it.)
Now the question is, is it still a fairy garden even if there are no fairies in it?

The greatest show on earth!
The greatest show on earth!
If you have a circus, you gotta have a clown
Flag bunting made out of scrapbooking paper, bakers twine and tiny red pom poms.  The poles are straw covered shish kebab skewers
Flag bunting made out of scrapbooking paper, bakers twine and tiny red pom poms. The poles are straw covered shish kebab skewers
Ferris wheel to add to the theme
Ferris wheel to add to the theme
I used an old rusty enamelware pan as the planter
Bacopa Scopia Great White - love the dainty white flowers
Sedum Kamtschaticum Ellacombeanum
Sedum Kamtschaticum Ellacombeanum
Vampire Dianthus - has blood red flowers later in the season (to go with the enamelware basin)
House Of Hawthornes

• A Crafty Mix - Michelle

So, so, so adorable <3

• Julie Laubenstein

Oh my! I have been playing with the idea of a Fairy Garden. AND TELLING MY SELF NO :) But now I can envision one in a Radio Flyer Wagon, and I am down to my last five or six of those. LOL. This certainly fits, as the theme of my garden is "Child's Play" when I can keep all those well meaning gift givers out of the way with the well meant signs, twirly gigs, etc. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but you have to be careful when you tell people you garden. Seriously, if you want to gift a gardener, but her some gloves :) !