From Crib to Big Boy Bed; a Room Makeover

When we moved my youngest son out of his crib last year and bought him a big boy bed, I decided it was time to ditch the baby room and update his room to reflect his interests and awesome personality. He requested a room with dinosaurs and baseballs, so with new paint, (yes, thats a red ceiling!) some easy DIY projects, and smart shopping, I was able to create a room that doesn't feel like a typical themed
The finished room! A red ceiling gives it that pop of color and adds visual interest without overwhelming the space.
The nursery before the makeover was outdated and gender neutral.
A gallery wall with a flea market find Chanel letter mixed with modern touches.
Faux DIY dino taxidermy made from an old toy storage container sits atop of the gallery wall.
A fun polka-dot laundry hamper doubles as toy storage.
I revamped a childs IKEA chair for the perfect little reading nook.
A framed chalkboard wall is the perfect art installation for the large space above his bed.
A DIY instagram shadow box is perfect for swapping out those fun photos!
A shelf turned nightstand and  DIY rolling wire basket is the perfect substitution for a bedside table.
A shelf turned nightstand and DIY rolling wire basket is the perfect substitution for a bedside table.
A baseball alphabet print.
A baseball alphabet print.
And we can't forget the dinosaurs!
And we can't forget the dinosaurs!
I love this #8 sign i picked up at the flea market for only $3!
Interiors By Sarah Langtry