Snowy Pinecone Door Hanger

A deceptively simple and gorgeous way to decorate your home for the winter! A few lengths of ribbon, some pinecones, and some Epsom salts are all you need to make this cute pinecone door hanger.
snowy pinecone door hanger, crafts, doors
To start, collect as many pinecones as you would like for your hanger. 6-8 typically looks the best, depending on their size. If you collected these from the great outdoors, be sure to bake away the bugs (click through to my blog for instructions on how to do this).
Once you've got your pinecones, you're going to squeeze Elmer's glue all over them, then roll them in the Epsom salts. This combination is how you get that "snowy" look.
Let your pinecones dry while your glue gun heats up, then glue the base of each pinecone to a 2' length of wide ribbon. Tie the ribbon overhand to make a knot.
You can stop here if you like, or add decorations, like the cute little gold bows I hot glued on. The choice is yours!
For a more in-depth tutorial with tips, tricks, and step-by-step photos, click on the link below!
Diane Ensign Homan

• Pet25551932

It's almost to simple - yes I will try it - many cones in my yard not to give it a try.

• Janet Huxley

sadly 30 minutes in the oven at 250 has ruined my cones. Maybe use an insecticide spray instead of burning them in an oven,