Lovedecor
Lovedecor
  • Beverly Hills, CA

Mason Jar Solar Lights!

Don't you just love all of the things you can make and do with Mason jars? I have been wanting Mason jar solar lights since I saw them in a catalog three years ago, but for $40 a jar there was no way I would allow myself to buy them. I knew I needed to figure out a way to make them myself. I bought some solar lights at the dollar store and was able to come up with my own Mason jar solar lights. Please visit my blog to see all of the details.
Finished Mason jar solar light.
Finished Mason jar solar light.
Supplies Needed: Solar lights, duct tape, Mason jars and outer lid, spray paint and painters tape.
Screw off the top of the solar light and put painters tape on the top of the solar panel.
Spray paint the solar light tops and lids.
I folded the duct tape in half to create double sided tape. I used duct to keep the light from falling into the jar. Duct tape is also weather proof.
I wrapped the duct tape around the light. Make sure you don't put the tape to close to the top. You don't want the tape to stick out of the lid.
I stuck the light with the duct tape inside the jar. You don't need to push the light in too far, just enough to make it snug. The lid will make it more secure.
It was an easy project that didn't cost very much money. I had all of the resources with the exception of the lights.
Lovedecor

• Bkbriley

Hey Salinas...I like that Idea! I have those dollar lights all over my place....even tied them to my oak tree. They work great.

• Tara Grande

What is the diameter of the solar lights you used. I bought some and they were a hair too big to fit in the top of the mason jar and the others ones were too small.

• Lovedecor

I bought them at the Dollar Tree and have them in storage right now. I will try to find out the diameter at my next visit to Dollar Tree. :)