Valentine Heart Doily Wreath

I made this really simple, yet really beautiful wreath to hang on our mantel for Valentines day.
I made it by using only a wire wreath frame, some paper heart doilies, hot glue, a stapler, and a couple of decorative flowers.
I did an accordion fold on all of the paper dollies to give them a ruffled look. Then I stapled the ends together leaving a 3 inch tail.
I folded the hearts onto the wire wreath form and then hot glued the tails to the back of the doilies.
I only used the inside and outside wires of the wreath form, leaving the two middle rows empty.
After I had finished gluing on the layers of doily hearts, I then decided to also glue on a few decorative roses to give it an added touch.
Because you really don't notice that it is made with paper hearts, it just looks like ruffles, I think this wreath could look pretty hanging anytime of the year and not just at Valentines.
To see more of this paper Heart Doily Wreath, Please head to my blog at the website below. Thanks!

The Wicker House

• Carol Cole

That is so pretty. I would of never known it was paper until you said so.

I love it.

• Diane

Yes I am inspired by this project and I am going to do this project with a group of children at my church and I believe we will have a wonderful time! Thanks again for such a great idea!