Melissa K
Melissa K
  • Blythewood, SC
Asked on Apr 17, 2013

Seashell projects

Melissa KCaley's CulinariesWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
+1

I have a large amount of seashells from the beach. Would like to add to my windchime collection as well as get additional ideas from you crafty folk (except a lamp). Any ideas and how do I make the holes in the shells without damaging them?
  • Dremel tool. These tiny high speed hand held drills come with all sorts of cutting and drilling bits. A higher end unit runs around $100, but you can get all sorts of nifty cutters, polishing and drilling parts that you will find very useful. I purchased mine at Sears many years ago and still used it for all sorts of cutting and drilling to this day. http://www.lowes.com/pd_225167-353-200-1/21_0__

• Melissa K

Wow Woodbridge...my dremel tool was used once about 10 years ago and got placed in storage. Looking...Thanks!

• Caley's Culinaries

Dremel is what I use too. Even carved some cameos with it!

• Melissa K

Wow! I'm going to have to pull that thing out and become proficient with it. Sounds like I can drill into ceramic pots too. Thanks.