Brandi
Brandi
  • Atlanta, GA

Soup Can Planters

Early in September, Target started selling special edition Andy Warhol-themed tomato soup cans. I grew up on tomato soup and grilled cheese, so I picked up a few cans for lunch. After the soup was gone, the cans were too pretty to throw away.
soup can planters, gardening, repurposing upcycling, succulents, After some thought I decided to reuse the cans as planters
After some thought I decided to reuse the cans as planters.
soup can planters, gardening, repurposing upcycling, succulents, After cleaning the cans I hammered a few drainage holes at the bottom of each can Be careful not to get the labels too wet If you should just allow them to completely dry before moving on
After cleaning the cans, I hammered a few drainage holes at the bottom of each can. Be careful not to get the labels too wet. If you should, just allow them to completely dry before moving on.
soup can planters, gardening, repurposing upcycling, succulents, Then I applied a thin coat of Mod Podge over the labels to seal and protect the surface
Then I applied a thin coat of Mod Podge over the labels to seal and protect the surface.
soup can planters, gardening, repurposing upcycling, succulents, I purchased a few succulents from Home Depot and replanted them in each can
I purchased a few succulents from Home Depot and replanted them in each can.
soup can planters, gardening, repurposing upcycling, succulents, I love the bright pop of color
I love the bright pop of color!
soup can planters, gardening, repurposing upcycling, succulents, Simple and inexpensive
Simple and inexpensive!
Brandi

• JJ

I love the vintage! Have not seen these anywhere before tho! Now I'll be loooking!

• Mau32606642

great idea1 thanks for sharing