Marcia W
Marcia W
  • Chesapeake, VA
Asked on Jan 27, 2012

My craftsman garage door opener is missing the manual release.

Jim PowersWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.comMarcia W
+3

Garage opener (1/2 HP, model 139.53914). Wondering if this is an easy fix that I could possibly do myself or do I need to hire a professional? Thank you!
  • Glkirk Builders Inc.

Marcia, can you take a picture of the attachment from the bar from door to chain/cable/belt and post it?

• Marcia W

Attached are some pix. Thank you

my craftsman garage door opener is missing the manual release, doors, garage doors, garages, garage door attachment Thank youmy craftsman garage door opener is missing the manual release, doors, garage doors, garages, garage door attachment Thank youmy craftsman garage door opener is missing the manual release, doors, garage doors, garages, garage door attachment Thank you
  • LandlightS

You may just be missing the red rope and handle that attaches to the release mechanism. I would suggest you take the photos to Sears and verify that. Then it's an easy fix

• Marcia W

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will do that.! Again, thank you

• That is exactly what appears to be missing. The little red rope that is sold with the opener. However is also looks like the lock arm is also missing as well or some part of it. If that is the case, I am not so sure that they sell that as a seperate part for the operator. You may need to get a complete door and track arm assembley. But its one or the other. Regardless this is something that you can fix yourself. Be safe when working on the operator, You never know when they will turn on. Un-plug it when working on this device for safety. Many people have been hurt quite bad when not turning this device off at the power source.

• Jim Powers

every small town has a garage door sales and service just ask for a used part usually give free or coffee, does look like just the rope.. easy... try fixing yourself if it is already broken you cant hurt it, if made by man can be fixed by man, departed friends advice to me..