Renee P
Renee P
  • Rock Valley, IA
Asked on Jan 27, 2012

Should I poly teeth marks that I have stained on a second hand crib?

Renee P3po3KMS Woodworks
+1

We received a secondhand crib for our grandson. Unfortunately, it has teeth marks on it. I did stain them and they do look better. However, I was wondering about putting poly just on the stained marks. Do you think that could be done?
  • KMS Woodworks

You can and it may "even up" the finish. Short of sanding the damage away and then staining and sealing you will still see them. Be sure the finish fully cures be for use...chewing on uncured poly is not so good.

• Renee P

Thank you! I thought that could be done. I might, depend on how quick I get this done, lightly sand the whole area where the damage occured and poly the whole area insteand of the individual mark. I haven't decided yet! Thank you reaffirming what I already suspected!

• 3po3

Whatever you use, make sure it's non-toxic. As you know, no doubt, the grandson will lick and bite anything that he can.

• Renee P

Yes, I found a water based product that I am going to use that should be very safe for him. Thanks.