DIY Dollar Tree Apothecary Jars

I LOVE Apothecary Jars! I have always wanted them because you can do so much with them and put different things inside them to go with so many different themes. What I DIDN'T like about them was the price! Apothecary Jars can cost anywhere from $18 to all the way up to $60! Yikes!!! Even though I LOVE them I couldn't see myself spending that much on one Apothecary Jar. Recently I had been on Pinterest and saw some posts on how to make Apothecary Jars with some old vases and candle sticks and I got inspired to create my own.
Here are some of the ones I created!
The main material that you will need to make these Apothecary Jars is E6000 glue. This glue works great for glass projects.
These are some of the things I used to make the different types of Apothecary Jars. I used different size glass vases, different size glass bowls and glass candle sticks. I got them all from Dollar Tree. I also used small and large glass lids from old candle jars that I cleaned out after the candles were burned down.
First thing I did was, I attached the glass candlestick to each vase. I turn the vases upside down and glued the candlestick to the bottom of the vase in the center using the E6000 glue.
I then used a butter knife to remove the plastic rim from the jar lid because I didn't want the plastic to show through the Apothecary Jar and I love the look better when it is all glass.
This is how the first one came out.
This is how three of them looked put together.
I am so HAPPY that I found ideas on Pinterest on how to make my own CHEAPER and BETTER LOOKING Apothecary Jars. All these Apothecary Jars cost me $3 or less each to make and that is WAY CHEAPER than $18-$60.
To see my FULL blog post on these Apothecary Jars and also how I made the other Apothecary Jars go to --->http://riasworldofideas.blogspot.com/2016/01/diy-dollar-tree-apothecary-jars.html#.VqJWVfkrLIV

• Lisa Ferraro Gray

where did you get the covers?

• Jennifer Lee

I was gonna say they look like possible candle lids or bowl lids or candy dish lids.... nice touch.

• Wandamurline

I have some old glass latern covers that are open on both ends....any ideas how to incorporate them into this kind of jar?
    • Wandamurline

Thank you for the info....will try to find the proper fit...sounds like a trip to the dollar tree.
  • Pom23302899

Lovely. I have several really nice perfume bottles....but how can I remove the spray inserts from the necks of the bottles, does anyone know?