DIY Industrial Wire Mail Baskets (from a $5 Cleaning Caddy!)

When I created my little office nook off the kitchen, I wanted some way to corral paperwork and sort mail so it wouldn't end up all over the kitchen counters. I pictured a set of industrial-looking wire baskets that I could mount against the wall, but it was hard to find anything slimline enough for this purpose - and the ones I did find were so expensive! So, I decided to make my own.
I found these wire cleaning caddies for $5 from K-mart. Only problem? They looked... well, like cleaning caddies.

After a quick spray-paint in matte black, however, they looked a whole lot more classy!
Then I used hot glue to affix a little chalkboard sign to the front of the basket.
... and mounted them on the wall using a screw and washer that I also spray-painted black.
More details about the products I used for this simple little DIY can be found on my blog.
I'd love you to stop past and see how the finished office space came together!

Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Karen Schravemade

• Bonbon

Just what I needed to complete my basic command center. I also would like to purchase those attractive labels. Where did you find them? Thanks for sharing.
  • Lorraine Thompson

Where do you buy these baskets.....? Kind of a silly question heh?
    • Connie Trump

Walmart has all different types in housewares. I have got just shelfs under my sonk for stuff and then to that are made where OI can put my skillets and pan lids. They come in white but you could always pop aint them also have can good three tria shelfs that I have thst are also useful. Have seen different types of shelfs/racks at dollar stores also.

• Dianne Howard

No Kmart in Houston. Can I order online?