DIY Industrial Wire Mail Baskets (from a $5 Cleaning Caddy!)

969K Views
When I created my little office nook off the kitchen, I wanted some way to corral paperwork and sort mail so it wouldn't end up all over the kitchen counters. I pictured a set of industrial-looking wire baskets that I could mount against the wall, but it was hard to find anything slimline enough for this purpose - and the ones I did find were so expensive! So, I decided to make my own.
  • diy industrial wire mail baskets from a 5 cleaning caddy, crafts, home office, how to, organizing
I found these wire cleaning caddies for $5 from K-mart. Only problem? They looked... well, like cleaning caddies.

After a quick spray-paint in matte black, however, they looked a whole lot more classy!
Then I used hot glue to affix a little chalkboard sign to the front of the basket.
... and mounted them on the wall using a screw and washer that I also spray-painted black.
More details about the products I used for this simple little DIY can be found on my blog.
I'd love you to stop past and see how the finished office space came together!

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of May 15, 2018 10:12 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Karen Schravemade

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!